Dear colleagues, friends and readers,
We are pleased to contact you with some interesting items.
- The letter of our Chair Person, Dorothee v. Tippelskirch-Eissing will inform you about our most recent activities and developments.
- There is one urgent issue: our next PCCA conference “Exclusion, Resentment and the Return of the Repressed. Europe in a Globalized World” in The Netherlands, 30th August – Monday 3rd September 2018, for which you have already received the flyer. Today we are able to send you some further details and some exploration of the theme written by Louisa Diana Brunner, the Director of this conference.
- Our Report on PCCA’s last annual meeting, written by Christoph Freytag will be of particular interest to you.
- In our last newsletter, we used the opportunity to introduce two new board members. In this newsletter, you are able to read about the third one, Oren Kaplan.
- We would also like to share with you some reflections on the “Silver Generation Group Relations Event” held during the 70th anniversary festivities of the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations, written by Olya Khaleelee.
- Likewise, the reflections by our Chair Person Dorothee v. Tippelskirch-Eissing regarding the 30-Celebrations of OFEK are a welcomed addition to our newsletter.
- Next, we would like to provide you with our own obituary of our dear colleague and supporter, Ross A. Lazar who sadly passed away in July 2017.
- Lastly, we would like to provide you with some interesting links to related subjects, as well as some photos showing the new constellation of PCCA’s Board.
Karin Lueders and Nadine Tchelebi, Eds.
Letter of chairperson, Dorothee von Tippelskirch-Eissing
Since our last Newsletter from August 2017, several events have taken place that are important for PCCA. First, we had our annual meeting of the board of PCCA.
PCCA Conference 2018 “Exclusion, Resentment and the Return of the Repressed. Europe in a Globalized World”, Louisa Diana Brunner
PCCA has a long standing tradition in applying Group Relations methods to study the legacy of the past in the present, from the tragedy of the Holocaust to today’s enmities and conflictual societal issues through the so-called Nazareth series Conferences.
Report on PCCA’s Annual Meeting, Christoph Freytag
On September 2nd, the Board of PCCA met in Jerusalem for two and a half days. On the evening before, Mira Ehrlich-Ginor and Shmuel Ehrlich invited the Board for a warm welcoming dinner at the house.
Introduction of the latest new Board Member of PCCA: Oren Kaplan
Ph.D. in Psychology, BA and MBA in Psychology, Economics and Business Administration. Clinical Psychologist and Hypnotherapist, member of Ofek, President College of Management, Israel.
A note on the Tavistock Institute 70th Anniversary Festival, Olya Khaleelee
Earlier this year I was taken aback to be invited by Mannie Sher to join him and other ‘senior’ colleagues to run an event for the ‘Silver Generation’ as part of the Tavistock Institute’s 70th anniversary celebrations.
30 years of OFEK – A look from within and from without, Dorothee C. von Tippelskirch-Eissing
My first encounter with OFEK has been an indirect one: being a member in one of the so-called German-Israeli conferences, also known under the title: “the past in the present”, in 2004, directed by Anton Obholzer.
Obituary for Ross A. Lazar, Veronika Grüneisen and Dorothee C. von Tippelskirch-Eissing
In July 2017, Ross A. Lazar – psychoanalytic psychotherapist of children and adults and organisational consultant, Bion scholar and group relations expert and member of PCCA’s Advisory Board – died at the age of 72.
- PCCA is now also on betterplace.org. “betterplace.org” is a platform for donations: we have registered and present our next conference, Aug 30th – Sept 3rd 2018, in the Netherlands. If you go to the platform and to “PCCA”: you can easily support our work with a donation which is tax reductable.
- Mira Erlich-Ginor recommends the film “Foxtrot”. Please watch the trailer.
- This article from the Guardian is worth reading.
- Visit us on Facebook.
The PCCA’s Board in its New Constellation
Back row, left to right: Nadine Tchelebi, Christoph Freytag, Oren Kaplan, Yona Rosenfeld
Front row, left to right: Shmuel Erlich, Dorothee v. Tippelskirch-Eissing, Mira Erlich-Ginor, Louisa Diana Brunner, Fakhry Davids
and its former Constellation:
Shmuel Erlich Louisa Brunner Fakhry Davids Veronika Grueneiden Mira Erlich-Ginor Hermann Beland Karin Lueders Jona Rosenfeld. Dorothee v.Tippelskirch-Eissing is taking the photo